TURKISH NAVY NEW TYPE SUBMARINE PROJECT
The sub-contractor agreement was signed between STM and HDW-MFI Joint Venture on 12 December 2009 in order to build 6 x Type 214 submarines having Air Independent Propulsion capability in Gölcük Naval Shipyard.
- The responsibilities of STM on this prestigious project which will last around 11 years are;
- Contribution into Design, Engineering and Integration activities
- Providing support to Gölcük Naval Shipyard if required
- Industrialization of the equipment’s, systems and materials used for shipbuilding
- Increasing the domestic participation rate into the project
- Production of non-pressure hull blocks and some GRP units at home
- Development of the infrastructure of Gölcük Naval Shipyard and Submarine Factories
- Acquisition services of relevant systems, materials and equipment
- Integrated Logistics Support
It has been considered to have technological development and capabilities for future national submarine project and provide strategically service to Turkish Naval Forces accordingly.